Research Scientist – Research project investigator and Product development
HansaBioMed Life Sciences (HBM-LS) is a biotech company based in Tallinn (Estonia), leader in the field of Exosome and Extracellular Vesicle (EVs). Since May 2017, HansaBioMed Life Sciences is part of Lonza, a global leader in the field of biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing
HansaBioMed Life Sciences is seeking a highly motivated individual with established experience in cell biology, biochemistry or related area to join our R&D team as a Research Scientist. The responsibilities include the management of a Horizon 2020 project, design and development of new products in the new research field of the Extracellular Vesicles.
· Work position in our facilities in Tallinn (Estonia)
· Possibility to work in a new and exciting research field, with high future perspective and applications.
· Work in a Horizon 2020 research project together with 6 international partners (industry and universities).
· Possibility to travel to our partner sites, tight connection with high qualified personnel in extracellular vesicle field.
· Salary according to the European standards and the qualification of the candidate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Research activity on European Horizon 2020 project, focused on Extracellular Vesicles.
· Following the R&D activities of the company, new product development related to the EV field.
· Design and implementation of prototype, leading optimization and performance verification, documentation and communication of results and transfer to the production team.
· Design and execution of custom services, troubleshooting of technical issues.
· Working in investigating new potential applications of Extracellular Vesicles (therapeutics, diagnostics, cell free regenerative medicine)
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry or related field
· Previous experience in Extracellular Vesicle field is considered a plus.
· Excellent proficiency in English
· Technical skills: FACS, immunoassay techniques, qPCR, RNA and miRNA, cell culturing, chromatography techniques. Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
· Good prioritization skills, ability to work under defined deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills, ability to work within a cross-functional team
· Prior experience in an industrial setting and in translating IVD assays to the market is considered a plus
The interested candidates can send a motivation letter and CV (appreciated with references) to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org