Catalase Activity Colorimetric/Fluorometric Assay Kit.
• Detection method- Absorbance (570 nm) or Fluorescence (Ex/Em 535/587 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue culture supernatants, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other biological fluids, growth medium, food etc.
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Applications- The kit detects high pico-unit of catalase in samples.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure; takes ~ 30-40 minutes
• Fast and convenient
• Sensitive assays for measuring Catalase in various biological samples
• Catalase Assay Buffer
• OxiRed Probe (in DMSO)
• HRP (lyophilized)
• H2O2 (3%; 0.88M)
• Stop Solution
• Catalase Positive Control (lyophilized)
Catalase (EC 220.127.116.11) is a ubiquitous antioxidant enzyme that is present in nearly all living organisms. It functions to catalyze the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) to water and oxygen. Catalase Assay Kit provides a highly sensitive, simple, direct and HTS-ready assay for measuring Catalase activity in biological samples. In the assay, catalase first reacts with H2O2 to produce water and oxygen, the unconverted H2O2 reacts with OxiRed probe to produce a product, which can be measured at 570 nm (Colorimetric method) or at Ex/Em=535/587nm (fluorometric method). Catalase activity is reversely proportional to the signal. The kit detects high pico-unit of catalase in samples.
Storage Conditions: +4°C.
Shipping Conditions: gel pack.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.
Publishing research using this product. Please let us know so that we can cite the reference in this datasheet.