Lipid Peroxidation (MDA) Colorimetric/Fluorometric Assay Kit.
Sensitive, Colorimetric & Fluorometric Assay
• Detection method-Absorbance (532 nm) or Fluorescence (Ex/Em 532/553 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue culture supernatants, plasma and other biological fluids (optimized by end user).
• Species reactivity- All
• Applications- The kit detects MDA levels as low as 1 nmol/well colorimetrically and 0.1 nmol/well fluorometrically.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure
• Fast and convenient
• Sensitive assay for measuring lipid peroxidation (LPA) in a wide range of samples.
• MDA Lysis Buffer
• Phosphotungstic Acid Solution
• BHT (100X)
• MDA Standard (4.17M)
Quantification of lipid peroxidation is essential to assess oxidative stress in pathophysiological processes. Lipid peroxidation forms Malondialdehyde (MDA) and 4-hydroxynonenal (4-HNE), as natural bi-products. Measuring the end products of lipid peroxidation is one of the most widely accepted assays for oxidative damage. HansaBioMed Lipid Peroxidation Assay Kit provides a convenient tool for sensitive detection of the MDA in a variety of samples. The MDA in the sample is reacted with Thiobarbituric Acid (TBA) to generate the MDA-TBA adduct. The MDA-TBA adduct can be easily quantified colorimetrically (λ = 532 nm) or fluorometrically (Ex/Em = 532/553 nm). This assay detects MDA levels as low as 1 nmol/well colorimetrically and 0.1 nmol/well fluorometrically.
Storage Conditions: -20°C.
Shipping Conditions: gel pack.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.
Publishing research using this product. Please let us know so that we can cite the reference in this datasheet.