HAT Activity Fluorometric Assay Kit.
Sensitive assay to measure HAT activity
• Detection method - Fluorescence (Ex/Em = 535/587 nm)
• Species reactivity - N/A
- Measurement of HAT activity in Nuclear Extracts
- Measurement of HAT activity of purified enzyme preparations.
• Nuclear extracts from cells and tissue
• Recombinant enzyme
Features & Benefits:
• Simple, rapid & convenient
• The assay can detect HAT Activity as low as 6 mU in a variety of samples
• HAT Assay Buffer
• Acetyl CoA (Lyophilized)
• H3 Peptide (Lyophilized)
• Substrate Mix (Lyophilized)
• CoA Standard (Lyophilized)
• Positive Control (HeLa Nuclear Extract)
Histone Acetyltransferases (HATs) are enzymes that acetylate histone substrates resulting in important regulatory effects on chromatin structure and assembly, and gene transcription. Modifications of these proteins by HATs play an important role in the control of gene expression, and their dysregulation has been linked to cancer, neurodegeneration, and other diseases. HansaBioMed's HAT Activity Assay Kit utilizes Acetyl CoA and H3 histone peptide as substrates. In this assay, HAT enzyme catalyzes the transfer of acetyl groups from Acetyl-CoA to the histone peptide, thereby generating two products - acetylated peptide and CoA-SH. The CoA-SH reacts with the developer to generate a product that is detected fluorometrically at Ex/Em = 535/587 nm. The assay can detect HAT activity as low as 6 mU in a variety of samples.
Storage Conditions: -80°C.
Shipping Conditions: dry ice.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.
Publishing research using this product. Please let us know so that we can cite the reference in this datasheet.